Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mr. Gobble stopped by

Its been a while.....

I have been very lazy lately...it's one of those lazy pms days that I rarely have (cuz usually I am extremely active cleaning, doing something like a chicken without a head).

Speaking of chicken.....Me and my daughter made a little project for thanksgiving, w/c bcoz of my laziness I am posting a little late. 

Meet Mr. Gobble.

He stopped by.

She wants me to take pic of him on her hand.

What shall we do next???

Aina helped me with the base & I added more details afterwards.

Young turkey coming to life!

Now for the feathers.


Instead of plucking, we're putting them on.


She helped me.

Found a roll of wooden print sticker-like thing that I dont know the use for so I decided I'll use it as background for my letter cut-outs.

Welcome Mr. Gobble. He is having dinner with us this year!

On our way back from Riverside the moon is shining prettily up in the sky. Lighting up our way.
Mt. Pass
It is very beautiful, but with the darkness of the freeway and the trace of the mountains. It looked creepy.

My view every morning when I walk my daughter to bus stop.
Landscape of the Mt. And traces of Jetplane smoke in the sky.

One and only color of fall. YUP! just that one tree.
Here's the rest of the trees....



My daughter had a school event called Winter Wonderland. They get to design ceramics xmas ornaments from All Fired-up.

She's not so much enjoying bcoz she wanted to go see the snowmaker.


Mommy touched it up. She decided to make Santa & Christmas tree.


 This dish did'nt make it to FILO Friday's.

Introducing SISIG.

Sisig is a Kapampangan term which means "to snack on something sour". It usually refers to fruits, often unripe or half-ripe, sometimes dipped in salt and vinegar. It also refers to a method of preparing fish and meat, especially pork, which is marinated in a sour liquid such as lemon juice or vinegar, then seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices.

Sisig is a popular appetizer (pulutan) turned main dish that originated from the culinary capital of the Philippines : Pampanga. This dish was invented by Lucia Cunanan or popularly know as Aling Lucing (she is also known as the sisig queen). Originally, sisig is composed of chopped pigs face (snout included) and ears with a generous amounts of chicken liver.
Since not all people like to eat fatty and oily dishes, local chefs have concocted different versions of ‘sisig,' using other ingredients such as: chicken, tuna, bangus, squid, and tofu.




Ingredients
2 lbs pork
1 cup onion, minced
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 knob ginger, minced
3 tbsp chili
1 piece lemon (or 3 to 5 pieces calamansi)
½ cup butter (or margarine)
¼ lb chicken liver (hubby dont like liver so I didnt put any)

34 ounces water
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp salt

Cooking procedures:
Pour the water in a pan and bring to a boil
Add salt and pepper
Put-in the pork then simmer until tender.
Remove the boiled ingredients from the pot then drain excess water
Grill the pork until done
Chop the pork into fine pieces (Sometimes I just fry them)

In a pan, melt the butter then add the onions. Cook until onions are soft.
Put-in the ginger and cook for a few minutes
Add the chicken liver and cook until well done.(Optional)
Crush the chicken liver while being cooked in the pan(Optional)
Add the chopped pork then cook for 10 minutes
Put-in the soy sauce and chili then mix well
Add salt and pepper to taste
Put-in the mayonnaise and mix with the other ingredients
Serve hot. Share and Enjoy (add the lemon or calamansi before eating)

Match with hot & steamy rice!






No comments:

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...