Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas by the window...Gel Mr. Snowman


This is how decorative I can make my tiny space. I have transformed it suited enough for a small room. I do not have enough resources nor enough money to spend on Christmas decors the big stores has to offer. But it only takes creativity, passion & season to make a place Merrier.




I spend most time here in Las Vegas so I decided to take my Nativity set with me. I found a perfect spot for it....by the window.


Like I said, I dont have mantle. So I used the big wall a/c unit to display my Nativity set & use it like a mantle. It works plus it gives me better view in the morning than looking out and seeing cars in the parking lot.


Seeing the set by the window is enough to remind me of what Christmas is about. A reminder that Christmas is when God gave me a gift, the restoration of relationship with him.


Guess what I copy-cat........YUP! The stunning light post in a jar @ SaltTree by Amber.

I fell inlove with it. I cant help but copy. Everyone went crazy over this beautiful project. It was a hit in blogland. I wanted one for my home. 
I saw a bunch of light posts @ Wal-mart I got all excited when I saw them because I can finally make one. Problem is I dont have mason jar to put it in. I have this lonely glass from a chandelier and I thought maybe that would work. I just wouldnt shake it.


It didnt have a top or bottom cover so I looked for something I can glue onto the glass that would help hold the artificial snow flurries. I looked in my cupboards and found an empty frosting container. I used the bottom part, cut it out and glued it on the glass.
I sprinkled glitters in it and kinda swirled it around so they would stick on the glass.
Who wouldnt fall in love with that?
It added pizzaz on my mantle I mean my window decoration. OH and also that Santa Suit cone OMG! I totally forgot to bookmark the owner. If anyone of you knows who I should give credit for this cute crafty project PLEASE PLEASE put it on the comment below.




(The picture dont do justice. He is gorgeous upclose & personal!)
I proudly introduce to you.... Mr. Gel snowman. 
I have two small fish bowls laying around and I could find a place for them. 
I played a bit with it and stack them and thought, that is a snowman shape. 
I remembered I have a bunch of gel beads so I thought clear ones would make it look simple yet decorative.



I filled the bowls with clear beads. 
Stacked them and glued in place. 
I added silver bead strip on it to hide the glue. 
I have tinsel left overs, small Christmas balls, short gold ribbon and tons of feather's to decorate him with. 
I chose to stick with simple. 
I added two blue gel beads for his eyes and red for his nose. 
I painted black dot on the outside of the glass to add detail on his eyes.
I originally thought of making his hat out of cardboard but I spotted the lid for one of my candles. I tried to fit it with the opening of the bowl and it fits perfectly. I filled it in with blue beads glued on aluminum foil in the bottom of the lid so it wouldnt fall as I lock it in with the top bowl.


I cut small circles from my gold fabric scrap and glued it on the bowl.  I also used the tealight holder as his stand....
Now I am finally done decorating (I think.). 
Meanwhile I can kickback and relax. 
Get some rest so I can face another decorating @ my Father-in-law's house....
One day before Christmas Eve. 
Have a Happy Holiday Everyone!!!




4 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Everything looks gorgeous. Beautifully displayed. Your decorations are unique and beautiful...love them!! Thank you for sharing. I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

abeachcottage said...

Your Christmas space is lovely, the snowman is adorable and that light post in a jar is really something! Well done

Sue McPeak said...

How very creative and original. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas.

Honey at 2805 said...

This is so creative!

Thank you for sharing the season at Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

I have just become a friend and follower. Hoping you will do the same. Hoping you will make Potpourri Friday a weekly party stop!

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...