Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meatloaf Muffins and Hasselback potatoes

Its funny how Pinterest can make you feel so creative, but all you did was sit infront of the computer pinning hundreds of stuff.
I myself am guilty of that.
There's enormous crafts and DIY's that I wanted to do but couldnt find time yet.
But ofcourse I dont want to forget about those tips and recipes and all that good stuff so I spent hours pinning.
Its amazing how I have more followers (not that I have hundreds) on Pinterest than blogger.
Once in a while I check my list and find something I can possibly make. Like tonight.
I always end up browsing recipes (who wouldnt!! they all look delicious). I picked two for tonights dinner.

I made MEATLOAF MUFFINS with BBQ sauce. (Recipe courtesy of Rachel Ray, food network)

Total Time:
30 min
Prep
10 min
Cook
20 min
Yield:
6 servings
Level:
Easy
Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground sirloin(1 used ground beef)
  • 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
  • 2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces (I dont have it and substituted it with 3 tbsp sweet relish)
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
  • 1 cup plain bread crumbs (I always use regular bread when I make meatloaf, just slice it in cubes)
  • 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
  • 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup tomato salsa
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Put ground beef into a big bowl.
 Put onion and celery into a food processor.
Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl.
Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor.
Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.

Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce.
Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up.
Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil.
Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin.

Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. Bake about 20 minutes.

Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.


She matched it with mashed potato....

I made HASSELBACK POTATOES to go with it....Recipe courtesy of Seasaltwithfood

Ingredients

6 Medium Size Potatoes
2 - 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
30 g Butter
Maldon Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method

Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F). Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 3 to 4 mm intervals.

Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits. Scatter some butter on top of each potato. Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.



The Gang LOVEs it! They finished it all up!

What is your latest pinterest project/creation/copy-cat?


1 comment:

Myric said...

All gone?? Must be that delicious!

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...