Monday, October 8, 2012

Thai peanut chicken recipe

Exploring on different cuisine. I am just getting tired of American dish. I also need to find out what else out there my redneck's are willing to eat, so we are not stuck with meat. I am atleast trying to eat healthy.

I love kare-kare. It is a Philippine stew complimented with a thick savory peanut sauce with a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, beef, and occasionally offal or tripe. 

The peanut sauce of fresh spring roll is one of my fave too.

However my Redneck's are very picky so only me and my daughter enjoys food adventure most of the time. 

Time to find out the verdict of this new food on the table....


INGREDIENTS:
7 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
5 teaspoons white wine vinegar or 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 (cup) honey
3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger root
3/4 cup chopped green onion
4 cups broccoli florets

COOKING PROCEDURE:
In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
 
 Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.

 Reduce heat to medium, and add green onion, broccoli and the peanut butter mixture.

Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and chicken is cooked through.

 Serve over rice or rice noodles.



Sadly only I appreciated the Thai peanut chicken. It is a little bit too odd for their tastebuds.

Now on a hunt for the next dish to present to my panel of Rednecks!



No comments:

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...