Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fried Mac and Cheese Bites

I hate wasting food...But my Redneck's are not very good at eating leftover meals.
We had Mac and Cheese leftovers and I had to figure out how to make it appealing to them.
Del Tacos! I suddenly remembered my favorite mac and cheese bites.
The only problem is, it wasnt formed how it should be, to coat it easier with breading.
It should atleast be stored in a flat surface so I can cut it in squares easily.
Or shape it in balls perhaps before storing it in the fridge.
I sliced it in small pieces anyways.
Note: If you plan on making the breaded Mac and cheese bits, add a lil salt when you cook the mac and cheese.


Cut refrigerated(should be overnight) macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces

Flour and Egg


 Season the flour with cayenne, salt,and pepper. Dredge each piece through the flour mixture and gently tap off extra.

I ran out of breading so I had to make some. Toast bread & put them in the food processor and season it the way you want.


Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set.


Very carefully drop into the oil and fry until golden brown.


Drain on paper towels for a few minutes or place on a rack with a cookie sheet underneath.
Serve & Enjoy.
You can try it with any dips too.


SUCCESS!
Everyone loved it!

No comments:

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...