Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

HO! HO! HO!.....Here comes the most wonderful time of the year! The most colorful, lively, whimsical, magical!!!
I seriously love the Christmas season. I love Christmas music, decorations, the holiday spirit, everything about it. It is the best time of year because wonderful people bring you wonderful treats. 
In December we are joyful and kind. We give and receive. We give hugs, receive kisses and create love, peace and joy.
I'm looking forward to the candles being lit, that wonderful Christmas tree smell and the smell of newly baked Christmas cookies. 
I'm looking forward to getting a Christmas tree. 
I love hanging ornaments and I get crazy about making tree topper.
 It makes me entirely happy and completely stressed out.  Hahahaaa….but who doesn’t right?
 I always get a little overly excited at the start of the holiday season.
I have been reading blogs and the girls in blogland have created very beautiful and inspiring Christmas crafts. 
Their home xmas decors are all wonderful! I spent whole morning just reading in amazement at how creative the bloggers are! 

I would love to share my own.
Easy to make & CHEAP!
I feel very inspired today that I am posting a DIY wreath made of fabric softener.

Like Myric of Petites Passions I also recycle dryer sheets, Why? becoz it reminds me of sinamay fabric. Sinamay is made from the stripped fibre of the abaca tree. These are fine strands of fibres used for making cordage & ropes; & also, using a wooden weaving loom, woven into fabrics. This woven fabric is called sinamay. Usually the sinamay is woven with naturally sun dried fibre. thereafter, it can be bleached & dyed to any color shade before use for hat, bags, craft etc..

I saved the rounded styrofoam from the big pot we bought to fry the turkey in for thanksgiving. I folded the fabric softener sheets and stapled the ends and glued it around the styrofoam.

I have a small garland left over and glued it on the sheets.
I curled some tinseled wires and added it on the garland. I made a bow and glued it in the center. The tinsel poms is from dollar tree that you put on gifts. It worked perfectly to add extra detail for the bow I made. I added a dangling one as well.


The plaid fabric is from my daughter's old skirt. I cutted and used the hem as pattern to create curve strip.

This is how my window looks. Tinsel garland & LED lights around it.

I hung tinsel wires that I shaped into stars & Christmas balls.



Stenciled YULETIDE letters I have on my wall.


Just on top of my coffee table is this hanging decor. Glittered Yuletide letters made of glue stick. $1 glittered reindeer from 99c store. $1 snowflakes from 99c store. Hung with a fishing line/nylon strings.



My coffee/center table decor

It's fun to do Christmas decorating, you will never go wrong. The more, the merrier!

Linking this post to:













Domestically Unemployed





One Artsy Mama




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



freckled laundry




The Shabby Nest






Photobucket


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating











The DIY Show Off



Photobucket

6 comments:

Myric said...

Such wonderful thrifty creations! I love that you used that dryer sheets! Will share it to my followers :)

xoxo
Myric

DIYbyDesign said...

I love all of your Christmas decorations. They look beautiful. Very creative. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. Great holiday music playing while I write my comment. :)

Janel from NellieBellie said...

What beautiful Christmas decorations! Your dryer sheet wreath is creative and fun...and inexpensive!! Thanks for linking up with Hating Martha!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Who knew you could make something so pretty from dryer sheets. Love it! I am a new follower visiting from Hope Studios. Vicky from Mess For Less

Stephanie said...

SO cool that you used dryer sheets! Everything turned out great!

Stephanie
www.chocolatecoveredbuttons.com

Red RoseAlley said...

Your wreath is beautiful...so creative! And I love the 'JOY' on your coffee table. Very festive Christmas HEADER.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

About me

FIRST NAME?    Luisa May   WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?    No one, My Aunt named me WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?    Palm Sunday, Potter'...